0 Cart
Added to Cart
    You have items in your cart
    You have 1 item in your cart
    Total
    Check Out Continue Shopping

    Get to know the sisters behind Two Sole Sisters!

    Describe the perfect shoe! 

    Laurel: In the summer it's probably a metallic Cydwoq sandal (my fave is called the Tomcat)-minimalist, neutral and extremely comfortable to take on vacation or play with my son. In fall and winter you will usually catch me wearing my favorite La Bottega di Lisa booties...handcrafted, mid heel, cool leather detail and subtle hardware.

    Lindsey: The perfect shoe for me is my Coclico mid heel sandal! I can wear it with dresses, skirts and jeans; dress it up or wear them super casually. It's comfortable to wear all day or even walking the stairs up to a Red Rocks concert.

    How long have you been obsessed with shoes?

    Lindsey: This obsession started with our grandmother's amazing shoe collection. She had what we referred to as roach killers (pointy toe high heels) in just about every color imaginable...teal, green, light blue, fuchsia, light pink, etc. Playing dress up in her clothes and shoes was a favorite pass time with Laurel and my friends.

    Laurel: I have been obsessed with shoes for as long as I can remember! Lindsey and I used to play dress up in our grandmothers' high heeled "roach killers." -those are extremely pointed toe pumps in Texas lingo. We loved a particular pair of red satin heels that had red velvet applique around the upper of the shoe. We still have and cherish our two grandmothers' shoe collections.

    How many pairs of shoes do you own?

    Laurel: Don't ask! It's embarrassing! My house is filled with teetering towers of shoe boxes because I don't have enough closet space. Plus, I have a secret obsession with cowboy boots.

    Lindsey: I have a very small closet, so I have a rule....if I bring a pair of shoes home, I must donate something! I haven't counted in a long time, but maybe around 55? Not outrageous for a shoe store owner, right?!

    What is it like working together and being sisters?

    Lindsey: It can be really tough, but working together has forced us to communicate better. Like any deep relationship, it takes work, but it's so worth it. Plus, there's an automatic trust that's built in and I wouldn't trade it!

    Laurel: It's challenging and extremely rewarding. It takes a lot of practice to not fall into those old family dynamics, but the trust and love we have for each other is unconditional.

    How would you describe a shopping experience at Two Sole Sisters?

    Laurel: It's a really warm and relaxed environment in our stores. We want customers to feel valued and appreciated- like they are part of our family. We are not a "hard sell" store...we want our clients to love the purchases they make at Two Sole Sisters. We hope people find shoes and accessories that they have never seen before.

    Lindsey: Friendly, fun, and comfortable!

    What have you learned about yourself, shoes, retail or life since owning TSS?

    Lindsey: I appreciate small businesses more than ever. I have a lot of respect for the retailers who have been in business over 20 years! Delegating is key and finding good managers who have skills you don't is important. I've personally changed too much in the last 9.5 years to talk about myself!

    Laurel: I've learned that only 10% of this business is about shoes, the other 90% is about the relationships we have with the people in our community. We know the artisans creating the shoes, handbags, and jewelry for our stores and we relish the opportunity to share their stories with our clientele.

    What do you do when you're not at work?

    Laurel: I hang with my husband and son and our veritable zoo...4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 chicken and a horse. I love to read and I just binge watched all 7 seasons of West Wing!

    Lindsey: You will find me riding motorcycles, hiking, and playing in the mountains with my dogs.

    What do you love about Boulder and Denver?

    Lindsey: Boulder is such an easy place to live and work. There is a real sense of camaraderie and support with local businesses in Boulder. I get the feeling that we all want to see each other thrive with our businesses. Despite being in Boulder since 1995, I'm still learning Denver. I love the change and I'm enjoying finding new restaurants, shops and neighborhoods to explore.

    Laurel: I love Colorado because of the laid back lifestyle and the spectacular weather.  Boulder is a small community and it's really special knowing so many other local retailers and restauranteurs here...we know we have each others' backs.

    What is it like to see people wearing shoes from TSS when you are out and about around town?

    Laurel: I feel giddy when I see people sporting our footwear! You'll usually see me do a little happy dance and I'll be grinning from ear to ear.

    Lindsey: I love it. I feel such pride when I spot them around town!